Veterans Benefits


The Collective School of Music proudly offers educational opportunities for veterans who have honorably served in the United States Military. As a military-friendly school, we are committed to providing support for your education and career goals.


Below are some of the benefit programs that can be applied towards a degree at The Collective.


Post-9/11 GI Bill


This law established a program at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to provide benefits for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. The program provides benefits based on a proportional calculation of 36 months of duty for up to four academic years’ worth of annual assistance. As of the 2014-2015 academic year, the maximum total annual award is $20,235.02.


There are also provisions for a monthly housing allowance equal to the E-5 basic allowance for housing with dependents (based on college ZIP code) and a yearly stipend of $1,000 for books and equipment.


For more information, visit the


Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty


The Montgomery GI Bill program provides up to 36 months of education benefits payable for 10 years following release from active duty.


For more information, visit


Contact Information:


The Collective School of Music

541 Avenue of The Americas

New York, NY 10011

Tel 212.741.0091

Fax 212.604.0760


The Collective Veterans Certifying Official

Yahya Alkhansa

Tel 212.741.0091

Fax 212.604.0760

Please click this link to email Yahya


The Collective Student Veterans Representative

Victor “Vinny” Delacruz

Cell (831)320-9020

Please click this link to email Vinny



Veteran Student FAQs


How do I apply for my GI Bill®?

You can apply for the GI Bill® by filling out the VA forms at You will complete VA form 22-1990 if you are applying for the first time and form 22-1995 if you are transferring your benefits from another institution.


Who do I work with at the Collective to process my paperwork for VA Benefits?

You will file an educational claim through the Veterans Affairs website. Once the paperwork is processed and approved, you will send your Certificate of Eligibility to our school Veterans Certifying Official. See contact information below.


What do I do if I used my GI Bill® at another institution?

You will need to fill out a VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of VA Educational Program or Place of Training form. The form may be found at


Does The Collective participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?

The Collective does not participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, but we are working fervently for approval as a Yellow Ribbon participant.


Which tuition policies are specifically related to veterans?

Veterans are charged the same tuition rate as all students and there is no instate or out of state tuition differential.


Will I receive Housing Allowance as a student at the collective?

Yes. Your BAH rate is E-5 with dependents and is prorated by your full-time or part-time status as a student. Monthly housing allowance rates are Federally regulated and can change year to year. Use the BAH calculator tool at and use 10011 as the duty zip code.


Have veterans attended the Collective?

Yes. Our current Student Veterans Representative, Victor “Vinny” Delacruz, is a full-time student and former Active Duty Air Force Officer. He is available to answer any questions you may have in regards to student life as a veteran, the transition out of Active Duty, or any other matter to assist you in your transition. See contact information below.