Applying veterans benefits towards your Collective education

We’re proud to support men and women who have served our country.

Benefit programs for veterans

Post-9/11 GI Bill

What it is:
This law established a program at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to provide benefits for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.

What it provides:
The program provides benefits based on a proportional calculation of 36 months of duty for up to four academic years’ worth of annual assistance. There are also provisions for a monthly housing allowance equal to the E-5 basic allowance for housing with dependents (based on college ZIP code) and a yearly stipend of $1,000 for books and equipment.

Find more information:

Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty
What it is:
The Montgomery GI Bill program provides up to 36 months of education benefits payable for 10 years following release from active duty.

For more information:

Collective contacts for Veterans

The Collective Admissions Office
Email Admissions

Department of Veterans Affairs Policy

The Collective acts in accordance with the provisions of Title 38 United States Code 3675.  The Collective does not participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.  

Upon making an initial deposit, the student must submit their Certificate of Eligibility to the Certifying School Official for approval.  Once The Collective submits the  Enrollment Certification to the VA,  tuition and fees payment will be sent directly to the school on the student’s behalf.  All other non-tuition fee payments from VA will be sent directly to the student (if applicable).  Once The Collective receives the first payment from VA, your deposit will be refunded.  (Please see Refund Policy).  

The student must promptly notify The Collective and the VA if there is any change to their enrollment, as it may create a debt due to overpayment.  VA will not pay for:

  • Courses a student doesn’t attend.
  • Courses from which a student withdraws.
  • Courses a student completes but receives a grade which will not count towards graduation.  

For additional information regarding debts, please visit:

A student may notify VA of changes to his/her enrollment via: 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)

Veteran Student FAQs

How do I apply for my GI Bill®?
You can apply for the GI Bill® by filling out the VA forms at You will complete VA form 22-1990 if you are applying for the first time and form 22-1995 if you are transferring your benefits from another institution.

Who do I work with at the Collective to process my paperwork for VA Benefits?
You will file an educational claim through the Veterans Affairs website. Once the paperwork is processed and approved, you will send your Certificate of Eligibility to our school Veterans Certifying Official, Yahya Alkhansa. See contact information above.

What do I do if I used my GI Bill® at another institution?
You will need to fill out a VA Form 22-1995, Request for Change of VA Educational Program or Place of Training form. The form may be found at

Does The Collective participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
The Collective does not participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, but we are working fervently for approval as a Yellow Ribbon participant.

Which tuition policies are specifically related to veterans?
Veterans are charged the same tuition rate as all students and there is no instate or out of state tuition differential.

Will I receive Housing Allowance as a student at the collective?
Yes. Your BAH rate is E-5 with dependents and is prorated by your full-time or part-time status as a student. Monthly housing allowance rates are Federally regulated and can change year to year. Use the BAH calculator tool at and use 10011 as the duty zip code.

Have veterans attended the Collective?
Yes. Our current Student Veterans Representative, Victor “Vinny” Delacruz, is a full-time student and former Active Duty Air Force Officer. He is available to answer any questions you may have in regards to student life as a veteran, the transition out of Active Duty, or any other matter to assist you in your transition. See contact information below.